BR, Standard 2MT, 2-6-0, 78047 – Era 5 (R3836)

BR, Standard 2MT, 2-6-0, 78047 – Era 5 (R3836)

78047 entered traffic at Hawick Shed on 25 October 1955, where the locomotive spent most of its lifetime working, even deputising for failed Class 27, 40 and 45 diesels on the Edinburgh-Carlisle route post-1961. In 1966, once local passenger and freight services were discontinued, or taken over by diesel traction, 78047 moved over to Bathgate, mainly to operate mineral trip freights from local collieries and to haul the occasional enthusiasts’ special.Reallocated to St. Margarets prior to withdrawal, 78047 was eventually scrapped in January 1967.

Description

Tech Specs