Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST, 1456/1918 – Era 2 (R3765)

Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST, 1456/1918 – Era 2 (R3765)

Peckett 1456 was built in 1918 for the Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, a firm started by the Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd in 1914, becoming B&WI Co. Ltd from 22 December 1917. Following the First World War, ironstone was exploited as a resource and in 1918 the B&WI Co. Ltd were in possession of 191 acres of land in and around Bloxham. The workings were short lived though, being abandoned by 1921 and 1456 was sold onto Stewarts & Lloyds Minerals Ltd, working the Harringworth Ironstone Quarries between 1923 and 1952, when the locomotive was scrapped.